Election Information

Due to possible changes in Election Law, for up-to-date information contact Town Clerk Barb Ceas ceasb@idcnet.com or the State of Wisconsin Government Accountability Board (GAB) http://gab.wi.gov .

The GAB website called My Vote WI, provides all voters with registration, sample ballot, municipal clerk and polling place information. (https://myvote.wi.gov).

Election Day Voting

New Wisconsin election laws require you to show your Photo ID in order to receive a ballot and vote at the Polling Place on Election Day.

Registered Voters may request an absentee ballot for one election or for all elections in a calendar year by making a request in writing to Town Clerk Barb Ceas, W8776 Territorial Rd, Whitewater, WI, 53190 or ceasb@idcnet.com.
If you have not submitted a photo ID with a previous absentee ballot request, it must be included.
In addition, there is a section for military and permanent overseas voters to request an absentee ballot and access their absentee ballot online. Scroll down for links to the GAB website and forms.
Registered Voters who wish to vote in person early by absentee ballot may contact Town Clerk Barb Ceas at (608-883-2017) or ceasb@idcnet.com for an appointment beginning the third Monday before the election until the Friday before the election
Other Registration Information
 Voter registration is required in Wisconsin. Three options to register are available:
1. BY MAIL: Download the Application for Voter Registration (EB131), complete the form and mail it into your municipal clerk's office up to 5:00 PM on the 13th day before the election, along with a copy of your proof of residence.
2. IN PERSON: Register in the municipal clerk's office up to 5:00 PM on the Friday before the election. You must bring your proof that you have lived at your present location for 28 days preceding the election. Contact Clerk Barb Ceas (608)883-2017.
3. AT THE POLLING PLACE ON ELECTION DAY: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for 28 days preceding the election.
Note that if you have a Wisconsin Driver's License, that number is required on the registration form. If you do not have a WI Driver's License you may use a Wisconsin identification card number. If you have neither of these, the last four digits of your Social Security number are acceptable. One of these numbers plus your birth date are required to process your registration.
For purposes of voter registration, acceptable Proof Of Residence may be your Driver’s License or another document that includes:
1) A current and complete name, including both the given and family name; and 2) A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of your municipality. Forms of identification which constitute acceptable proof of residence, when they contain the information specified above, include the following:
a: A Wisconsin Driver's license.
b: A Wisconsin identification card.
c: Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit or by an employer in the normal course of business, but not including a business card.
d: A library card.
e: A check-cashing or courtesy card issued by a merchant in the normal course of business.
f: A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
g: A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day.
h: A university, college or technical institute fee card.
i: A university, college or technical institute identification card.
j: An airplane pilot's license.
k: A cable television, gas, electric telephone or other utility service statement for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day.
 To check the status of your absentee ballot or check your voter history

State of Wisconsin Government Accountability Board

The State of Wisconsin Government Accountability Board has all the forms available for download at their web site. Below are links to some of the most requested forms.

GAB-121 Absentee Ballot Request

GAB-131 Voter Registration Application